07 April 2006

April meeting

We had our April meeting last night at Sheila's house. It was almost a full house, I think the biggest attendance since I started. It was arranged at slight short notice therefore I was not able to put a notice on the blog for it, however since the attendance was so good it appears that a notice is unnecessary.

My apologies for not updating the blog for so long. For anyone who does not know, if you go to Kendra's World you will see why.

A few things were decided at last night's meeting.
1. Every month each member will contribute R10 towards a petty cash fund which can be used for group outings or something like that.

2. As next month is the anniversary month of the group it was decided to have a family get together. It will be a soup lunch and will be on the 13 May so reserve the date. We will again combine with another support group and the details will be posted closer to the date.

3. We decided that we should formalise the group a bit and arrange a speaker now and again although most are happy with the current format where we all get together and just catch up what has happened in the last month. We appointed Deonette as Chairlady, myself as secretary and Tammy as Treasurer. Fine secretary I am as I cannot remember if there were any other 'appointments'. Next time I will take notes.

Watch this space for more interesting topics.

No comments: